Friday, May 4, 2012

Blog Entry 8: My critical approach

       



        



         For my final project I am torn between  Campbell's Monomyth and Pearson's Archetypes. I am Thinking of mainly discussing Harry Potter and his journey based on the Monomyth but also going into a little of his Archetype. I think discussing the journey aspect of Hp7 more than the personalities of it will be more fun. I plan to do extensive research to get a more in depth explanation of the Monomyth and how it compares to Hp7. I plan to look at Campbell's "A hero with a thousand faces" for information. I will have to look into all the symbols and find out about Harry's Talisman. I will have to refresh my knowledge on Hp7 by skimming over it again (to long to reread). I will compare Hp7 To The heroes Journey. I will compare each step in the Monomyth to Harry's journey in the Deathly Hallows. There are a lot of key steps that Harry, Ron and Hermoine, take that resemble the steps in the Monomyth. Harry and his friends depart willingly to defeat Voldermort. they hit a lot of bumps along the initiation and the return is finalized with a win for the wizard world.

No comments:

Post a Comment